Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A few weeks ago, a very dear friend of mine passed away at a very young age. Till today I'm still coming to terms with her passing. I'm doing better now or at least I thought so.

Some days, it didn't really feels like she was gone. It's as if she is still around some where. I feel guilty sometimes when I was having fun, guilty for enjoying myself because for a second there, I forgot that she was gone.

Re-reading my previous entry about her today made me cry again. I remembered and actually feel the painful sad feeling that I felt that night when I heard of her passing. The sudden realisation of her gone forever knocked the wind out of my chest. I was breathless for a few seconds and then the tears started coming and would not stop no matter how hard I tried.

When I heard the news, first thing that came to my mind was, "this is NOT how I imagine things would turn out to be". It was supposed to be the other way round.

Looking at how my friends deal with it. I don't think I can do that to them again so soon.

Few days ago, I actually talked about it to a friend. When she asked me why?
I was stunned cause I don't know how to answer. Don't get me wrong, I've always know the reason why but I don't know how to explain cause I don't think she'll understand.

When I gave my answer, as I predicted, she didn't understand.

But it was good to know that I did make a difference in some people's life. That, whatever that is that I did, it was powerful enough to make an impression in their life.

But I guess it is just not powerful enough for me to stop.

I'm sorry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

babe... stop it! don't u dare do that to me... i will go nuts...

I feel you.. i feel guilty sometimes too when i'm laughing... when i'm happy... but don't u think that arwah would want us to be happy? it doesn't mean we've forgotten her... it doesn't mean we dont feel the loss...

If I'm gone someday, I want you to be happy... not to be sulking over me gone... (itu pun if you would sulk lah kan if I'm gone)

so come on babe... stop it.. life is worth living... and definitely yours is, we love u!